A Leader in the Transportation Industry
Veolia Transportation is a leader in the transportation industry; we are the largest private provider of
multiple modes of transportation in North America.
We are committed to improving quality of life for people in cities.
We do so by operating and managing top quality, environmentally sustainable transportation networks that enhance people’s mobility and their quality of life. Every year, from coast to coast, more than 400 million passengers travel with us to work, study, shop or play.
In the US and Canada, Veolia Transportation operates service in 200 contracts with a workforce of 21,000 employees. We manage many modes of public transportation including bus, rail, paratransit, taxi and shuttle services. In every mode, in both urban and regional areas, Veolia Transportation provides superior performance—safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable mobility that both passengers and city authorities can trust.
Our Transit Division operates some of the largest and most sophisticated bus networks in the U.S. and Canada in cities of all sizes, including Phoenix, Denver, San Diego, Atlanta, Baltimore, and suburbs of Washington, DC and Toronto. Our Rail Division operates major commuter rail networks in Boston, Miami, Los Angeles, and San Diego. And our On-Demand Division provides airport shuttle, taxi, private sedan and charter bus services to airports and around town in 30 leading U.S. cities.
Veolia Transportation is the North American business unit of Transdev—a global leader providing public transportation solutions to cities and communities. Transdev is owned by Veolia Environnement, a global environmental solutions company, and Caisse des Depots, a leading French financial institution.
Veolia Transportation at a Glance
- Experts in bus, BRT, rail, paratransit, shuttle and taxi operations
- Operating 200 contracts in North America in three divisions, Transit, Rail, On-Demand and IntelliRide
- Workforce of over 21,000 people
- Delivering superior performance in operating transit networks
- Committed to safety as our most important priority
- Leader in reducing emissions for a cleaner world
- Integrating transit modes to maximize passenger convenience
- Helping cities achieve their vision for transit through public-private operating partnerships
- Transforming public transit with innovative solutions and technology